lauren's oatmeal cookies

Have you ever made 100 dozen cookies? I have. Now, I did have help, and I used industrial ovens over three afternoons, but I was a little shocked when my roommate volunteered us to make 1200 cookies for a school soccer tournament. I happened to stumble upon this recipe at the bottom of a childhood friend's newsletter back in July 2009. The first time I made it in mass was the next month for a staff welcome back barbeque at the beach. I think I made 4 or 6 batches then. The soccer tournament in spring 2010 required 25 batches.

This recipe is great for China because it uses oil, not butter. If you use Chinese brown sugar, be certain to half it with white sugar.

LAUREN’S OATMEAL COOKIES (makes 4 dozen cookies)

2 cups brown sugar
1 cup oil
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 ½ cups flour
3 cups oatmeal
1 cup raisins (optional)
Powdered sugar (for rolling)

MIX wet ingredients (first four). Combine baking powder, baking soda, flour, oatmeal, and oatmeal in a separate bowl. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, a little at a time.

FORM 1 inch balls and roll in powdered sugar.

BAKE at 350°F for 8-10 minutes.

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP