cardamom almond biscotti

I like to make biscotti. It's really quite easy. These have great flavor, but also go well with coffee or tea.

My mom made these biscotti when I was at my parents' house for Christmas in 2011 (the first time since university). I couldn't get enough of them! Have I mentioned yet that I like biscotti?

CARDAMOM ALMOND BISCOTTI (makes 5-6 dozen)

1 cup butter, softened
1¾ cups sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp almond extract
5¼ cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cardamom
1 cup sour cream
1 cup chopped almonds

CREAM butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extract. Combine flour, salt, baking soda and cardamom; add to the creamed mixture, alternating with sour cream. Fold in almonds.

DIVIDE dough into fourths; shape each portion into a ball. On two greased baking sheets, roll each ball into a 15 inch log (two logs per pan)

BAKE at 350°F for 30 minutes or until lightly browned and firm to the touch. Transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a sharp knife into ½ in slices. Bake biscotti an additional 10 minutes or until crispy. Remove biscotti from baking sheet; cool completely on wire rack.

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP