cinnamon cake

My friend made this cake for a party. I had to ask for the recipe! It is a sweet, mild cake with a little cinnamon flavor. When I made it, I added some vanilla extract. I'm also considering playing with the spices--maybe adding some cardamom or cloves to make a stronger version. But as is, it's quite pleasant and enjoyable, and even better, easy to be made with ingredients you probably already have in your house!

KAREN'S CINNAMON CAKE (makes one 8x8 inch pan)

1 ¾ cups flour
1 cup sugar
2 Tbsp cinnamon
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1/3 cup butter
1 cup milk
½ Tbsp vanilla

COMBINE dry ingredients. Cut in butter until it resembles a fine cornmeal.

ADD milk and vanilla. Beat well. Pour into a greased and floured 8x8 inch pan.

BAKE at 350°F for 30-35 minutes. Serve warmed with whipped cream, apple pie filling, sprinkled with powdered sugar, or plain.

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP