hot cocoa

Do you make hot cocoa from scratch? Probably not. Why would you? I grew up with the instant stuff. Milk chocolate is best. Rich chocolate is ok. Marshmallows are an added benefit, whether already in the package or added fresh. And adding an extra splash of milk makes it even creamier.

My first year in China, I decided to make some hot cocoa using the recipe on the Hershey's cocoa canister. Oh my goodness--so much better! If you ever desire to make REAL hot cocoa, I recommend this recipe.

HOT COCOA (makes 4+ cups)

½ cup sugar
¼ cup cocoa
1/3 cup hot water
4 cup milk
¾ tsp vanilla
dash of salt

MIX sugar, cocoa and salt in saucepan. Stir in water.

COOK and stir over medium heat until mixture boils. Boil and stir for two minutes.
Stir in milk and heat. Do not boil.

REMOVE from heat and add vanilla.

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP