hazelnut blondies

I love blondies, and I love Nutella, so when I stumbled across this Martha recipe, I had to give it a try. I'm not a huge fan of straight hazelnuts, but toasted, they add a nice flavor to the blondies. And Nutella (or off-brand Nutella), that's been a special addition to my pantry here in China. My friend and I discovered the "Nussa" brand during our first months. While it is amazing on a pretzel roll from the German bakery, blondies are also a worthy partner.

You can find hazelnuts, real Nutella, and Nussa at the grocery store in the basement of Hisense.

HAZELNUT BLONDIES
from Martha Stewart

4 Tbsp butter, plus more for pan
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 ¾ cups light brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup hazelnuts, toasted and chopped
1 heaping Tbsp chocolate-hazelnut spread

MIX melted butter with brown sugar. Beat until smooth. Beat in eggs then vanilla. Add flour mixture and stir until combined. Add hazelnuts and chocolate-hazelnut spread. Pour into a greased or parchment-lined and greased 10x10 pan (or 9x13, 8x11, two 8x8, etc.).

BAKE at 350°F for 25 minutes, or until set in the middle.

COOL 15 minutes, then cut into squares. Top with additional chocolate-hazelnut spread, if desired.

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP