pancakes

I used to make pancakes from Bisquick or pancake mix. I didn't bring either of those to China with me. During my first fall, I heard a coworker talking about making pancakes. She said there was a simple recipe, from scratch, in our cookbook. And now I enjoy pancakes whenever I want! (I often half the recipe, since I'm making them for one person.)

PANCAKES (about 12 pancakes, depending on size)
From the Wycliffe Cookbook via the Shenyang Cookbook

2 cups flour
2 Tbsp sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 eggs, beaten
1 ½ cups milk
¼ cup oil or melted butter

COMBINE dry ingredients. Combine wet ingredients separately and add to dry ingredients.

STIR quickly until blended. Do not beat.

COOK on a hot, greased griddle, turning when bubbly.

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP