homemade gingerbread latte

Do you follow the change of the seasons with the merchandise at Starbucks? As the weather turns colder, I eagerly anticipate the arrival of Christmas at Starbucks. During my first Christmas abroad, the red paper cup was a welcoming touch in a strange land. For me, the simple disposable container was a recognition of my holiday, my culture, and my traditions. Carrying around the cup made everything seem more festive, whether it was filled with a dark cherry mocha, toffee nut latte, or one of their normal menu items. I could just hear the Christmas carols ringing in my head as a sipped away on my seasonal treat.

While I appreciate the Starbucks Christmas cheer of the past few winters, there is a little discontentment for those other holiday beverages available a hop, skip, and a plane ride away. To satisfy those longings, I turn to some recipes from Baking Bites and make my own Christmas drinks.

HOMEMADE GINGERBREAD LATTE
from Baking Bites

5 oz hot coffee (2/3 cup)
3 oz hot milk (1/3 cup)
2 ½ tsp sugar
1 ½ tsp molasses
pinch ground cinnamon
pinch ground cloves
pinch ground nutmeg
pinch ground ginger
whipped cream (optional)

COMBINE coffee, sugar, molasses and spices in a coffee mug.

STIR in hot milk.

GARNISH with whipped cream and a sprinkle of additional spice, if desired.

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP