cookie dough brownies

I love to eat cookie dough. I absolutely LOVE it. Forget the fact that I hate cooked eggs that are anything but scrambled (and preferably with cheese or in omelet-form), I will eat raw egg mixed with butter, sugar, flour, and chocolate chips by the spoonful.

One summer, while working at the camp kitchen, I was amazed by a new dessert. These brownies had a top layer of cookie dough. How could the camp serve such salmonella-prone delicacies and not get shut down by the health department? Mrs. Weaver told me the trick---the dough lacked eggs!

I recently stumbled upon a recipe for such a treat and decided to relive my summer memories. As the blog suggested, the dough is so-so on its own (does raw egg add that much flavor?), but on top of a brownie, it's fabulous.

While I have a go-to brownie recipe, I didn't think it was sturdy enough to hold a thick layer of cookie dough, so I doubled this recipe to fill a 9 x 13 pan. Feel free to use whatever brownie recipe you prefer, box or from scratch.

COOKIE DOUGH BROWNIES
adapted from Baking Junkie via Baking Bites

9 x 13 pan of prepared brownies
1 ½ cups butter, softened
1 ½ cups brown sugar
⅔ cup white sugar
8 Tbsp milk
1 Tbsp vanilla
3 cups flour
½ tsp salt
2 cups chocolate chips

CREAM butter, brown sugar and white sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in milk and vanilla. Add in flour and salt, mixing until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.

SPREAD the cookie dough on top on completely cooled 9 x 13 pan of brownies.

FREEZE or refrigerate until set.

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP