no bakes

Did you know I didn't have a recipe for no bakes on this site? I didn't, until Sunday, when I went looking for the recipe on this, my online recipe box, and had to turn to one of those generic, billion recipe sites instead.

Perhaps it is because I can count the number of times I've made no bakes on one hand.

I was first exposed to no bakes during college. What gooey chewy goodness! I only remember making them once during those four years, at a friend's house, and she didn't measure the ingredients. Well, no bakes are fairly easy, but not very forgiving. That batch did not turn out very well.

As most recipes point out, it is critical to time the process, starting from when the mixture reaches a full rolling boil. If you boil too long or too short, your cookies don't form properly.

NO BAKES
makes 2-3 dozen

1 ¾ cups sugar
½ cup milk
½ cup butter
4 Tbsp cocoa
½ cup peanut butter
3 cups oats
1 tsp vanilla

COMBINE sugar, milk, butter, and cocoa in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, cooking for 1 ½ minutes once it reaches a full boil.

REMOVE from heat. Stir in peanut butter, oats, and vanilla.

DROP by teaspoonfuls onto wax paper or silicone sheets. Let cool until hardened.

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP