chocolate chip cookies

I saw these cookies on pinterest. The picture was pretty, the description was emphatic, but I'm not yet sold on pinterest for recipes. Great for ideas, but it doesn't have the same quality standard for recipes that I've come to expect from my favorite bloggers. Still, a great picture lures me. This picture of chocolate chip cookies was worth peeking into the recipe. Lo and behold the ingredients were all in my kitchen, so I made a batch. I like them, a lot. Some people love them. I'm not ready for that level of commitment. I grew up on oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, so there's something comforting about that recipe, but these will now be my standard for the non-oatmeal variety.

CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
from Apple a Day

¾ cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar (Korean light brown, or ¾ brown and ¼ white)
1 egg
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
2 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 cup (bittersweet) chocolate chips

CREAM butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla. Mix dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Stir into wet ingredients, then stir in chocolate chips.

DROP by rounded teaspoonfuls onto a cookie sheet and bake at 350°F for 8-10 minutes. Cookies will only be slightly golden brown on the edges, but do not cook longer than 10 minutes.

COOL on the cookie sheet for 5-10 minutes, then on a wire rack.

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP