garlic and tomato hummus

I made hummus this afternoon. Not for a party. Just because there's very little food in my house. I'm moving in three days and combined with the recent loss of a vegetable stand in my apartment complex, I haven't bought food, perishable or not. So looking at the reserves, I found a few cans of chickpeas--protein, score. One can eaten means one less can to move! And so hummus was born.

My roommate informed me that she MUST have this recipe. I informed her that there was no recipe. I made it up as I went along and didn't measure anything. (I'm growing as a cook!) But for future reference, here are some approximate amounts. Adjust to taste.

GARLIC AND TOMATO HUMMUS

1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2-3 Tbsp tahini (or local Chinese sesame paste)
2+ Tbsp lemon juice
4+ Tbsp olive oil
a generous sprinkling of Garlic and Tomato Dipping Spices

COMBINE ingredients in a blender.

ADD more olive oil and/or lemon juice until hummus reaches the desired consistency.

SERVE with crackers, pita, tortilla piece, etc.

Post a Comment

Followers

Search This Blog


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP